Monday, August 22, 2016

Transgender Woman Robs Bank, Hands Out Cash, So She Can Return To Jail(Prison)

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2016/08/transgender-woman-robs-bank-hands-cash-can-return-jail/ SHE ROBBED A BANK SO SHE COULD RETURN BACK TO PRISON (AFTER BEING PROCESSED IN JAIL,) NOT JAIL- "a (Bi) Child of God : This is so sad! A FEW THINGS I WANT TO POINT OUT: Prison conditions are atrocious. I once met a prisoner (who is free and has turned his life around and is an activist) and he described the prison system as slavery. The man I met wasn't trans, but I have learned online that trans people often face abuse, administrative discrimination, and in many places, denial of healthcare in prison. We have to ask ourselves this: How did we let society get so brutal that she felt she was out of options? Why was she denied service at a homeless shelter? Why was she brutalized at a park commemorating Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. of all places? Who refused to hire her? What conditions in society made her homeless? Who would she become and what would she accomplish if trans* people were treated with full equity? Why are prisoners considered irredeemably evil? Why are human rights, including trans* rights, given only if ever to "worthy" people who have never been to jail? Who will love this woman? Who will pray for this woman? Do prisoners matter? Do trans lives matter? Let the person who has not sinned throw the first stone. "For I was hungry and you fed me. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was homeless and you gave me shelter. I was sick and you took care of me. I was in prison and you visited me. I was a stranger and you welcomed me, for whatever you do unto the "least" of these, you did unto me. She is a child of God." Matthew 25-35 (The Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment